|Visit the LPCZone, NXP's new online training and community portal!
We now have the cool mbed module for LPC1768!
'Red Suite 2' Software Development Tools
Your Price: From $150.00 to $1,100.00
Manufacturer: Code Red
Manufacturer Part No: RS2P/RPK
Red Suite™ 2: Professional tools for less than $1000
Red Suite by Code Red is a highly integrated software development environment for ARM-based Microcontrollers, which includes all the tools necessary to develop high quality software solutions in a timely and cost effective fashion.
The Red Suite IDE is based on Eclipse with many Microcontroller specific enhancements. It also features the latest version of the industry standard GNU toolchain with our own optimized C library allowing us to provide professional quality tools at low cost.
The Red Suite Integrated Development Environment (IDE) provides a C/C++ programming environment second to none, with syntax-coloring, source formatting, function folding, online and offline integrated help, extensive project management automation and integrated source repository support (CVS integrated or Subversion via download).
- Wizards create projects for all supported microcontrollers
- Automatic linker script generation including support for microcontroller memory maps
- Direct download to flash when debugging
- Built-in datasheet browser
- Support for ARM7 (e.g. LPC2000), Cortex-M3 (e.g. LPC1700, LPC1300) and Cortex-M0 (LPC1100) based microcontrollers
based microcontrollers, Red Suite can take advantage of its advanced features, including:
- Full support for Serial Wire Viewing (SWV) through our Red Trace™ technology -- unique in its class of tools
- No assembler required, even for start-up code and interrupt handlers.
Peripheral and Register Views
The peripheral viewer provides complete visibility of all registers and bit-fields in all target peripherals in a simple tree-structured display.
A powerful processor-register viewer is provided that gives access to all processors register and provides smart formatting for complex registers such as flags and status registers.
When used with Cortex-M3 based Microcontrollers, the integrated Red Trace functionality gives the developer an unprecedented level of visibility into what is really happening on the target device. Unlike traditional trace solutions, Red Trace is a non-stopping technology that continues to gather information completely non-intrusively as the target code executes.
Summary of Red Suite 2 features
- Sophisticated Eclipse-based Integrated Development Environment.
- Device-specific support for more than 180 microcontrollers from NXP and Luminary Micro
- Unique Red Trace capabilities giving unprecedented visibility into microcontroller execution.
- Wizards to create microcontroller programming frameworks, fast.
- Peripherals views of all supported microcontrollers.
- Full support for both JTAG and low-pin count SWD debugging.
- No-fuss, single install for complete product.
- Included 1-year of support with each licensed seat of the tools.
- Fully functional 90-day evaluation.
- Available for Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- Discounts available: 20% for 2-5 copies, 25% for 6-10, 30% for 11+
Download the Red Suite 2 Data Sheet (PDF).Request download for evaluation
Red Probe™: JTAG/SWD Debug Probe for ARM-based Microcontrollers (optional)
Red Probe is a high speed USB debug probe specially designed for use with ARM-based Microcontrollers.
Featuring complete integration with Red Suite, Red Probe allows high speed download to RAM and direct programming of on-chip Flash.
When used with Cortex-M3 targets, built-in support for SWV allows full support for data trace, instruction and exception profiling and application sourced diagnostics.
Together with Red Suite, Red Probe provides a complete development and debug environment for ARM-based microcontrollers
Summary of Red Probe Features
- USB 2.0 full-speed.
- Self powered from USB host.
- Wide target voltage range: 1.5V - 3.5V.
- Switchable protocol support: ARM JTAG SWD, and SWV.
- Multiple standard JTAG connectors: 20-pin 0.1" pitch, 10-pin 1.27mm (0.05") pitch, and 20-pin 2mm pitch.
- Programmable JTAG clocking.
- Programmable SWV capture.
- Support for Hardware and Software Breakpoints.
- Integrated high-speed FLASH programming with Red Suite.
- One of the fastest download and FLASH programming algorithms in the industry.
- Up to 300k bytes/s download to RAM
- Up to 20k bytes/s flash programming
- Fully integrated with Red Suite
- Priced at $150 (includes 90-day eval version of Red Suite 2)
Our site is
checked daily by:
Our online transactions
are performed by:
We are part of the
Check out the
Next major US embedded event: